NYC DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS IS RESCINDING THEIR COVID-19 GUIDANCE
The Department of Buildings rescinds the following Buildings Bulletins and Guidance:
• BB 2020-006 (issued on April 22, 2020) – updated guidance to owners and contractors regarding how to secure their construction and demolition sites when operations are suspended due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency;
• DOB’s Phase 1 Reopening Guidance (issued on June 5, 2020);
• BB 2020-010 (issued on June 7, 2020) – updated guidance to owners and contractors regarding the reopening of sites whose operations were suspended due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency;
• BB 2020-015 (issued on July 24, 2020) – describes the application process for qualifying educational institutions to obtain approval for temporary student dormitory use in hotels;
• BB 2021-008 (issued on May 28, 2021) – describes when a DOB permit application is not required and how to determine the number of occupants for the reopening of indoor food services and dining in restaurants and establishments in New York City.
Rescinded documents will not be applicable to any projects after the issuance date of this Bulletin. The documents will appear on the Department website with the watermark RESCINDED. Because the process is ongoing, documents not specifically listed in this Bulletin may still be addressed in future bulletins.
View official NYC DOB Bulletin here